Anxious to impress everyone with your photographic prowess?
Need an excuse to picspam?
Then welcome to Where I Live Day.
On December 4th, members will post pictures of their local areas, then take the opportunity to admire everyone else's neighbourhood. Dead simple!
1. If you want to join, click on this link. Your application will be approved as soon as possible.
2. The community is locked to protect posters' privacy. All entries (apart from this one) are friendslocked automatically.
3. However, if you want to post your pictures on your own journal, feel free to cross-post or to post a link.
1. Please try to post on December 4th.
2. We're suggesting that you post around fifteen pictures, but feel free to share more or fewer as the photographic muse strikes!
3. Please put all your pictures under an lj-cut.
4. Short of inspiration? You might want to try some of these subjects - suggested by lmbossy:
- a park/garden/nearby greenery/desert
- an interesting bit of architecture/building/sculpture
- a picture of the busiest area near you (shopping mall, street, campus, etc.)
- arty skyline/sky view (nice blue sky, sunset, sunrise, tops of buildings)
- any pic to show current weather (puddles, sunshine, etc.)
- most colourful place you can find (could be a car park ...)
- most drab place you can find (could be a car park ...)
Or you could take pictures of holiday decorations. Or maybe somewhere secret that only you know about. Er, if you don't mind sharing it with the whole internet :)
Hints and Tips
If you don't have a digital camera, you could take print pictures and scan them in - you can often get film developed onto CD too.
If you don't have a camera at all, you could scan in postcards or search for pictures on other sites - just give credit to the original photographer.
New to posting images? You can do it easily in Livejournal by uploading the images to a host like Photobucket or Imageshack. These sites provide you with link codes that you then paste into your 'update LJ' dialog box. Paid LJ users have it even easier: you can use the 'insert' menu in the Update LJ page to upload a file from your computer to your LJ photo album.
Welcome to the community!
ETA: New members please refer to this post.